[twsocket] FTPSERV demo modified under BCB5 passive mode problems.

Raptor G g_ates@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:48:18 EEST

This time I did all the tests. I just didn't tell you. My computers network
connections passive mode works perfectly. I use serv-u and its passive mode
works well too. And I used Dos-ftp with serv-u and it worked. I tried
dos-ftp with my FTPSERV clone and it failed in passive mode. The only thing
I tried but failed is to run the demo ftp server all by itself -- it gave a
linker error. So I created a new project and copied the necessary lines line
by line.

And I am not soliciting anyone. Instead I am giving away the code! This is
open source! Ok, you can say it's already working in FTPSERV but I am
planning to write a security component too!

Regards,

RaptorG

From: Davie <smatters@smatters.com>
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] FTPSERV demo modified under BCB5 passive mode
problems.
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:05:27 -0500

First of all, here you go again soliciting beta testers :)

Why don't you do yourself a favor and BEFORE asking others to test stuff
out,
TEST it out yourself first!!!

By this I mean thouroughly. Ask youself these questions.

1. Did u test with DOS FTP and STANDARD FTP SERVER
2. Did u test with DOS FTP and CUSTOMIZED FTP SERVER
3. Did you see if there were any operational differences between the two?
4. Did you test with ws-ftp client and STANDARD FTP SERVER
5. Did you test with ws-ftp client and CUSTOMIZED FTP SERVER
6. Did you see if there were any operational differences
7. So, DID YOU????

STANDARD FTP SERVER means, PersonalWebServer's FTP server you can put on
your
own system, OR some ftp site out on the net.
CUSTOMIZED FTP SERVER is you program you are trying to write

You of course need to test it with YOUR ftp client as well once you
determine
where the error is.

Have you done all this testing already before you had posted you message?

Davie