[twsocket] Simplist solution with HttpCli?

Mark Jackson djackson@bellsouth.net
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:45:38 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BFDD10.EEDC6660

Greetings All,

     I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to show me what =
the simplist solution to loading a file from a webserver into a TMemo =
would be using Delphi3.  I don't need to display any of the command =
information generated by making the connection or anything, just a text =
based file of the document retrieved. =20
    I had this working fine with BCB3 and an older version of ICS, but =
I'm trying to switch over to Delphi.  I've noticed that the new version =
of ICS does much more stuff using Streams in the examples and =
unfortunately, I'm working hard to get a grasp of them though not yet =
there. =20
    I know this is off topic but, how dangerous is it to ignore =
complaints by Delphi of the property "OldCreateOrder"?  I do that alot, =
since I'm using version 3 and most examples I see anymore are for later =
versions.  I just don't save changes when I close it.
    I apologize for the "novice" nature of my questions, but that is =
where I'm at, and I know that you all are very busy, but this is about =
the friendliest most responsive list I've ever used.  If any one knows =
of a good Delphi list for beginners, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks Again,
Mark=20

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BFDD10.EEDC6660

Greetings All,

     I was wondering if anyone = would be=20 generous enough to show me what the simplist solution to loading a file = from a=20 webserver into a TMemo would be using Delphi3.  I don't need to = display any=20 of the command information generated by making the connection or = anything, just=20 a text based file of the document retrieved.
    I had this working fine with BCB3 = and an=20 older version of ICS, but I'm trying to switch over to Delphi.  = I've=20 noticed that the new version of ICS does much more stuff using Streams = in the=20 examples and unfortunately, I'm working hard to get a grasp of them = though not=20 yet there.
    I know this is off topic but, how = dangerous=20 is it to ignore complaints by Delphi of the property=20 "OldCreateOrder"?  I do that alot, since I'm using = version 3 and=20 most examples I see anymore are for later versions.  I just don't = save=20 changes when I close it.
    I apologize for the = "novice"=20 nature of my questions, but that is where I'm at, and I know that you = all are=20 very busy, but this is about the friendliest most responsive list I've = ever=20 used.  If any one knows of a good Delphi list for beginners, I'd = love to=20 know about it.

Thanks Again,
Mark
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BFDD10.EEDC6660--