[twsocket] FTP Server problem

Bjorn, Fastservice bjorn@fastservice.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:23:33 +0100

Hi,

  Thanks Raptor,

   No - I am trying to avoid Multitasking whereas it should not be needed in
the tcp event driven model. It only would add to the application's
overhead. - Any other ideas ?

  -- Bjorn

-----Original Message-----
From: twsocket-admin@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-admin@elists.org]On
Behalf Of Raptor G
Sent: 20. júní 2000 17:45
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] FTP Server problem

Is your application multi-threaded? I am asking this because I faced the
same problems when Multi-threaded property was false!

Regards,

RaptorG

From: "Bjorn, Fastservice" <bjorn@fastservice.com>
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: [twsocket] FTP Server problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:29:29 +0100

Hi guys,

    I am working on a application using the FTP Server component and am
having a strange problem:

    On a very fast LAN the STOR command does not work properly. Here is a
small description on what happens:

    1: In the TFtpServer.ClientStoreDataAvailable() event in FtpSrv we have
these lines:
         -----
           Len    := Data.Receive(Client.RcvBuf, Client.RcvSize);
           if Len <= 0 then
               Exit;
         -----
       "Len" always returns 0 and therefore the event always exits and never
creates and writes the file being uploaded.

    2: If I however step into the "Data.Receive" method using the debugger,
then the app seems to be receiving the content and "Len" receives the
received size in bytes.

   Does anyone know how I can prevent this ?

   Thanks,
   -- Bjorn