[twsocket] Detect Internet connected or not?

Peter Immarco android@micron.net
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:36:26 -0400

My THttpCli app runs in the background of a graphics application that
uses a very esoteric video mode.  Because of that, I would like to know
if the station is connected to the Internet or not.  Why?  Because if I
execute a THttpCli method like Get, and the Internet is not connected,
the RAS dialer program will be launched by Windows and cause a video
mode switch, crashing the system.

Is there a way for me to detect whether or not the user is connected to
the Internet, so I can prevent making any THttpCli GET method calls if
it isn't?

Thanks,
Peter.