[twsocket] Socks (twsocket) related qustions

Davie smatters@smatters.com
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:02:37 -0500

Good points, Also I would like to know which level of socks is the
best
implemented in ICS. For example, shouold I just use SOCKS5 or socks4
or
whatever. IE: Would there ever be reason to need to support BOTH
socks5
and 4
etc..???

Davie

Rafal Platek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Same as my other answer, you have to make it so that a user can
change it
> > according to the system / network it runs on.
>
> Yes, I've done this, but this doesn't answer :) my questions :
>
> 1. I'm not sure, but perhaps I have to implement socks only
> for TWSockets that are clients and that will be used for
> connecting with IPs outside LAN protected by firewall.
> Am I right ? I don't need to add socks definitions for servers, do
I ?