[twsocket] Socks (twsocket) related qustions

Francois PIETTE francois.piette@pophost.eunet.be
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:07:34 +0200

> 1. I'm not sure, but perhaps I have to implement socks only
> for TWSockets that are clients and that will be used for
> connecting with IPs outside LAN protected by firewall.
> Am I right ? I don't need to add socks definitions for servers, do I ?

SOCKS is for inside to outside but nothing prevent a SOCKS server to work
the other way if you wants to configure it so.

> 2. What should I set for SocksLevel property if I don't want to
> connect using socks "5" nor "4" ?

You have to choose between 4 and 5, at least with TWSocket because previous
versions are not supported. When not specified, use socks5 which is current
version.

--
francois.piette@swing.be
http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm