[twsocket] FTP Client component

Davie smatters@smatters.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:21:43 -0500

Hey!
When I first downloaded ICS, I was in the same boat. And the waves were comming :) I found no manuals, no documentation or sparse and was getting to be dissappointed, then I thought, hmnmmmm Might as well check out those demos and see what the ^&^#$(# is going on. So, I ran the ftptst and logged
into my ftp site and did some stuff like file transfers and directory listing etc... I also made a note as to WHICH buttons I clicked that did what I wanted.

Then I took that LIST OF BUTTONS that I had made on paper and then went back to ftptst and then in DESIGN mode, I went ahead and double clicked on each button that I had on my list. Of course it pointed me to the correct spot in the SOURCE file to show the logic for that button. So, in a sense the
ftptst program sort of documents how each operation works :)

Then once I had done, that I thought, what's all this OnDisplay stuff and then studied the ftpcli.pas file and figured out that I didn;'t need that junk anyway and so just removed those lines and so basically I just ended up with maybe 3 or 4 lines of code to implement each buitton.

Then once I sucked out those lines into my little test program of my own, I played with it a little till it worked, (about 10 minutes) and then I was off and running.

Don't give up, if you need some "specific" help, let me know, otherwise try to do what I explained above.

HINT: There was mentioned someplace on the NET that had some minor DOCS for this ICS stuff that was better than nothing. See if you can get your hands on it.

Davie