[twsocket] NLST and FTPClient on client machnie - still problems!

Davie smatters@smatters.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 03:57:06 -0500


Don't take this the wrong way, because enthusiasm is great and persistance
usually pays off.

BUT, you seem to post a lot of messages that are not things that are specific to
trying to use ICS or trying to help others with ICS. Also I would appreciate if
you would not mention my product in your posts unless you have something
specific to say about it. I don't want my program to be associated with yours in
any way. Because I don't want subliminal association of my program with yours or
my intents associated with yours. I hope that doesn't sound mean.

This is for everyone. If you have a program that you want beta tested or alpha
tested, don't post messages here because most people have enough to do than to
test other peoples programs out. The sad thing is when you ask people to test
something out that doesn't even meet the lowest of quality assurance. All
testing should be done by yourself and your associates/friends. Then when it
meets minimally accepted quality assurance levels, then feel free to mention it.

When you say that your program is all in ICS and if you find bugs in it, then
you will be helping ICS or YOU, that usually means helping YOU. Since ICS stuff
is so stable. People join this group to get help on HOW TO USE ICS and to help
others USE ICS and not to be solicited for testing.

To clarify, when I mention my program, I do it because my program has been in
use for some time now and is VERY stable and heavily used.

Davie
P.S. I am not mad or angry, I just don't think the majority of the people on
this list want those kinds of solicitation and that other lists etc.. would be
more appropriate.

Raptor G wrote:

> OK. I need beta-testers. But that is not the main point here. And for the
> ads, I am NOT receiving credits for the ads yet since radiate has not issued
> my software id. So I think this cannot be considered as advertisement. And
> also, Davie's TurboView is not freeware or GPL also. It is shareware just
> like mine. So where's the problem? All I am saying is that, my PURE ftp
> program is PURELY in ICS. I have handled ALL the exceptions, all the events,
> etc. So if it works, ICS works. If it doesn't, then there is either a
> problem in my case or in general. So if find a bug in it, you will be
> helping either Francois or me. I do not see anything wrong in both cases...
>
> Regards,
>
> Raptor G
>
> From: "Rafal Platek" <creams@creamsoft.com.pl>
> Reply-To: twsocket@elists.org
> To: <twsocket@elists.org>
> Subject: RE: [twsocket] NLST and FTPClient on client machnie - still
> problems!
> Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:36:43 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
>  > I fully agree with Davie. Before blaming ICS FTP for one thing, one
> should
>  > check if Davie's and my programs work or not. Mine is also works on top
> of
>  > ICS.
>  >
>  > FTP++2 is available at:
>  >
>  > http://www.fastream.com/FTPpp2.exe
>  >
>  > NOTE: USES RADIATE/AUREATE TECHNOLOGY.
>
> Yes, quite good advertisement :-| Could you be so kind and stop
> this here ?
>
> Rafal
>
> _______________________________________________
> TWSocket mailing list [http://elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket]
> Visit our website at http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> TWSocket mailing list [http://elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket]
> Visit our website at http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm