[twsocket] NLST and FTPClient on client machnie - still problems!

Raptor G g_ates@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:42:02 EEST

Does the server work with MS command FTP?

Regards,

Raptor

From: "Rafal Platek" <creams@creamsoft.com.pl>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Subject: RE: [twsocket] NLST and FTPClient on client machnie - still
problems!
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:24:33 +0200

Davie,

 > Well, after you use the .dir method, then parse the data out so that
 > you know what files are folders and filesizes and dates & times etc...
 > And then you are off to the races. If you don't want to write your own
 > parser, then use mine, I have posted. It's pretty good, I think.

Well, as I said before I've used TFtpCli in my application without such
problems (nlst) for over two years. I had had to implement parsing
dirs, because if not, how would I have been able to display directory
structure. So, this time, your advice is not good ;->

Perhaps TFTPClient is not compatible with servers that limits network
throughput
???

I'm still fighting with this. Below is the listing of communication between
ftpclient and ftp server with nlst turned off. Perhaps someone could help
me with locating the problem or should I persuade the admin of the
server ?

< 220 ns1.widzew.net FTP server (Version wu-2.6.0(1) Thu Oct 21 12:27:00 EDT
1999) ready.
 > USER edek
< 331 Password required for edek.
 > PASS *** HIDDEN ***
< 230 User edek logged in.
 > SYST
< 215 UNIX Type: L8
 > CWD public_html
< 250 CWD command successful.
 > PWD
< 257 "/home/edek/public_html" is current directory.
 > TYPE A
< 200 Type set to A.
 > PORT 195,117,215,52,4,7
< 200 PORT command successful.
 > LIST
< 150-Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
< 150 Restricting network throughput to 81920 bytes/s.
! RETR/LIST/NLST Failed
< 226 Transfer complete.

Best regards,
Rafal Platek - Cream Software
--
     Internet Software - http://www.creamsoft.com/
SCRIBBLER - DHTML Scripts Editor - over 50 ready-to-use scripts