[twsocket] Duplicating SocksCap functionality

Francois PIETTE francois.piette@pophost.eunet.be
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:40:58 +0200

I haven't tryed sockscap but I guess you can't do the same with ICS. What
you can do with ICS is a proxy and have the proxy handle socks5.
--
francois.piette@swing.be
http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill <bill.gage@dmacorporation.com>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 8:28 PM
Subject: [twsocket] Duplicating SocksCap functionality

I was wondering if it is possible to duplicate the functionality of the
SocksCap program.  I would like to be able to run an application that will
allow me to run other applications that use TCP protocol, through SOCKS5
protocol.  Essentially a SOCKS5 wrapper for other programs.  But it will
allow me to choose which program to run through the SOCKS5 server on the
proxy.  SocksCap is a free download from NEC if you want to see what I mean.
I can also get the URL if you need it.  I believe if we were able to get
this kind of functionality out of the ICS components, it will be a big help
to a lot of developers.

Bill Gage
bill.gage@dmacorporation.com
The Database Marketing Agency Inc. (DMA)
514 NE 24th Ave.
Portland, OR 97232
(503)736-9490 Phone
(503)736-9491 Fax