[twsocket] Re: TWSocket digest, Vol 1 #81 - 1 msg
Marco van de Voort
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:34:36 +0200
I seem to have been wrong, and FPC supports the message stuf,
and probably will too on Linux someday. (development of FPC is so
I managed to get twsocket, twsockets, twsockbuf compiled without
- cleaning up "uses" statements,
- defining tmessage and pinteger
I haven't tested yet, since I only guessed at the tmessage fields
(from some older porting effort, since I'm at my parent's)
Some problems I can't directly think of an solution to get the units
in VC32/ that don't use a type TForm to compile.
- (in most files) (de)allocatehwnd(wndproc). What does this do?
Set wndproc to be the tmessage handler?
- ftpcli: application record doesn't seem to exist. (one or two other
- Ftpcli: abort procedure/method is unknown. Is this just a decent
- ftpsrvc defines FonDisplay and OnDisplay while the parent from
twsocket already defines it.
- (known FPC bug) passing array of char or pchar to a method with
ansistring as parameter doesn't work yet.
Allocatehwnd could have the additional problem setting a method
(instead of a procedure) as callback.
I'll notify the rest of the FPC team of the problems, and probably
the bugs will be fixed in the next weeks. Meanwhile, if somebody
recognizes the problems, knows a workaround, or what they
should do/how to implement, feel free to comment :-)
I think with some work, the parts of ICS that don't use TForm can
be get to run under FPC/win32 within weeks.
P.s. One could probably remove 3-4 units from the average Uses
line of a random unit in VC32 directory without breaking the