[twsocket] Duplicating SocksCap functionality

Wilfried Mestdagh wilfried_sonal@compuserve.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:44:08 +0200

Bill,

I dont know what SocksCap is but TWSocket support SOCKS5 protocol. You can
easy write a server that can run other programs.

rgds, Wilfried

ps.: please use plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: twsocket-admin@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-admin@elists.org]On Behalf
Of Bill
Sent: dinsdag 6 juni 2000 20:29
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: [twsocket] Duplicating SocksCap functionality

I was wondering if it is possible to duplicate the functionality of the
SocksCap program.  I would like to be able to run an application that will
allow me to run other applications that use TCP protocol, through SOCKS5
protocol.  Essentially a SOCKS5 wrapper for other programs.  But it will
allow me to choose which program to run through the SOCKS5 server on the
proxy.  SocksCap is a free download from NEC if you want to see what I mean.
I can also get the URL if you need it.  I believe if we were able to get
this kind of functionality out of the ICS components, it will be a big help
to a lot of developers.

Bill Gage
bill.gage@dmacorporation.com
The Database Marketing Agency Inc. (DMA)
514 NE 24th Ave.
Portland, OR 97232
(503)736-9490 Phone
(503)736-9491 Fax