[twsocket] ftp download question

Davie smatters@smatters.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 18:15:04 -0500

I like my method better :) I set a variable to FALSE when I start my
downloading
session and then I set it to TRUE when I am done. THen I just check
my
variable.
Because this allows me to encapsulate other items along with the
download. Like
freeing up memory, maybe deleting files, etc... Other general
housekeeping. I
don't know, it's just my preference. Also for plug and play, my
method
has
worked wonders thru the years by allowing my to drop in a component
by a
different author and then my code STAYS THE SAME :)

Davie

Stephen Williams wrote:

> if ftp1.RequestType in [ftpPutAsync, ftpGetAsync] then
> begin
>   ShowMessage('Oi! Not while yer downloadin'' stuff!');
> end;
>
> Steve 'Sly' Williams
> IT Development
> Cable & Wireless Optus Outsourcing Services
> swilliams@fm.optus.net.au
> "And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame
everything
on me.
> And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on
Satan."

Exit
now?',