[twsocket] Binding Ping to an IP or Connection

Matthew H matthewh@galaxyispc.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:54:17 -0500

Hi

After looking over ping.pas and icmp.pas I don't think what I want is
possible.  I want to ping one out of a list of domains every several
minutes.  When I fail to be able to ping any of them my guess is my ISP has
temporarilly gone down.  At his point I will execute a second dial up
account.

Now is there anyway I can bind the ping to the first dial up so I can tell
if it is back up?  My current thinking is I will simply kill the backup
connection after 30 minutes and try again on the primary.  It would be
better If I could tell exactly when it came back up though.

Thanks

Matt