[twsocket] Sending files

Francois PIETTE francois.piette@pophost.eunet.be
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:20:17 +0200

> I need to send a file (or a TMemoryStream) from server to client.
>
> What is the best way to do this and how can i detect if the file is
> compleatly sendt / recived ?

Lot of different possibilities. One being to use FTP client and FTP server
component pair. Another is to design your own protocol using TWSocket and
TWSocketServer.

If you tell us more about your needs (high level, I mean), then we could
give better advice. Issues are file size, file attributes, file name, speed,
text/binary, single file, multiple file transfert, other data types to send,
and much more...

--
francois.piette@swing.be
http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm