[twsocket] a question for the mailing list about FileSize in httpCli + Proxy

Raptor G g_ates@hotmail.com
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 00:38:51 EEST

Davie,

As far as I could understand from the subject line, he's talking about http
not ftp. Is there a list method in HTTP? At least, there was not one in HTTP
1.0. I don't know if they have added one to HTTP 1.1.

Regards,

Raptor

From: Davie <smatters@smatters.com>
To: twsocket@elists.org
httpCli + Proxy
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:26:11 -0500

Get the FILESIZE FIRST before doing the download and then you will KNOW
the percentage completion. There is NO COMPLETE standard for the format
comming back from the raw directory listing method, HOWEVER about 90% of
the world uses the UNIX -A or UNIX-B or DOS/WINDOWS formats. I have a
unit that will take a raw dir listing and break it apart into a list of
filenames/dates/sizes/etc...

If you are interested, go to my web site

www.smatters.com/ics

P.S. You will also see a link to my TurboView program which has FTP
built into it. It's all done with ICS stuff, so if you can get MY
program to do something, then you know YOU can do it too!

Davie