[twsocket] My Utilities UPDATED

Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd angus@magsys.co.uk
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:11 +0100 (BST)

> Then what is your solution to make revenue? My previous attempts shows
> almost NOONE pays in shareware.

As an experiment, I put Aureate/Radiate banners in one of my applications
for three months.  They pay much less than their web site suggests, less
than $1 per thousand 'impressions', and who knows if even those are counted
correctly.  Despite my application remaining on people's screen for
potentially long periods, I only got 70,000 impressions in three months, and
have not seen a single cent yet.  It really is a waste of time, unless you
get thousands of downloads each week, and that can cost money for web
bandwidth.

Shareware can work very nicely if you have a good program, just make sure
it's time limited or missing some features until registered.

Angus