[twsocket] My Utilities UPDATED

Francesco D'Inzeo f.dinzeo@wintech.it
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:10:34 +0200

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 07:25:21 -0500, Davie wrote:

>Ok, you wanted feedback, here is my feedback. The layout looks familiar
>to other FTP type programs.
>

>1. kEEP THE temp files created in the Windows\Temp folder.Typically a
>user will
>put his TEMP folder onto a drive that is very fast. Also if your program
>doesn't
>delete it's own temp files, then you end up with files that are not
>needed,
>taking up space, where-as the user always knows he can clean out old
>files in
>the temp folder.
>
>2. I clicked, connect, and then picked geocites and then clicked connect
>again
>then after a little bit it said ready but NO TREE was displayed. So I
>clicked
>the "ReFRESH" button and then it came up and said "HostDirName" empty
>and then
>the program bombed straight out :(
>
>3. All forms appear to have an UGLY scroll bars at side and bottom. WHY
>IS
>THAT??? I am sending screen shot of what I am saying! In fact, I
>stretched out
>the window thinking the scroll bars would go away and they didn't. So
>you can
>see the 2 screen shots.
>
>4. I connect to DOMINET and then click connect and then after a few
>seconds it
>says "FTP COMponent not connected"  :(
>
>5. When you click on a folder to on the FTP side, you should display an
>HOUR-GLASS while you are getting the new folder info, and you SHOULD NOT
>CLEAR
>the window, UNTIL the new data has arrived!
>
>6. THRUPUT is not a word (in your download window)
>
>7. WHen your transfer starts, it wastes time getting the directory tree
>info. There is NO NEED for that!
>
>8. When the transfer is DONE, the download window STAYS on the screen.
>Very annoying.
>
>9. When downloading and a file already exists, there is no option to
>SKIP the download!!! VERY BAD!
>
>10. It would be much nicer if each download window appeared at the
>bottom of your taskbar so you could see the completeion status of each
>file you are downloading!
>
>11. Your abort button doesn't abort current command in process, it
>disconnects you and then it blows up from there and bombs you out of the
>program!
>
>12. Connect to BasKent and then go to this folder "/pub/solaris" and you
>will see that NO INFO is display in the dir listing. Thus since it's
>blank, you are kind of screwed as far as clicking on the "." and ".."
>icons :(
>
>13. UNIX entries that are "LINKED" folders do NOT appear in your
>folders/files list window. Do you ignore them???? That is bad, because
>maybe someone told a guy to go to a SPECIFIC path and then with your
>program he wouldn't be able to SEEEE it!

> [...]

AAARGHHHH .... Do we all need all those things ???

"On a day not different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the
first strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words
of Hamlet, and Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony."
And Windows98 Crashed!
 Francesco D'Inzeo
 WinTech S.r.l.
 Via Lisbona 7