[twsocket] My Utilities UPDATED

Raptor G g_ates@hotmail.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:05:41 EEST

I have set the username and the port setting and the proxy/firewall settings
BEFORE this code segment. The point is it works very well under normal
conditions. The problem is, when a problem occurs, such as a bad address or
a port, I cannot catch the exception. If anyone can send me a working
(CATCHING) code I will be very happy.(Or tell me what's wrong with my code.)

Your point about making the program compatible with all components is right
but first I have to solve this problem.

By the way, If anyone is interested in my current project: MULTI-THREADED
FTP CLIENT, you can download it from http://www.fastream.com/FTPpp2.EXE

I will be very happy if I receive some feedback.

Regards,

RaptorG

From: Davie <smatters@smatters.com>
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] My Utilities UPDATED
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:16:29 -0500

Hmmm, my logic always sets the username and password and THEN I do the
connect.
ALSO, I take each method like CONNECT ABORT GET etc... And I make a seperate
function call for each of them. THEN If I need to use a different set of
components, my LOGIC STAYS the same and the only thing I change basically
are
the core functions :) Try that.

Davie